Saturday, December 14, 2013

Chicken Biryani (Pressure cooker version)


Biryani is one of my favourite’s foods; I can eat biryani every day especially the one that my mom makes. Chicken biryani / or mutton biryani is always the lunch served at home on Christmas day. I am not sure why probably it’s like one special wholesome meal instead of making many dishes. My mom makes the pressure cooker version of biryani. And I love following her recipe as it turns out perfect and yummy every time. Generally when you cook rice in a pressure cooker it becomes cakey but this pressure cooker chicken biryani is not cakey at all. Read on to know the secret behind it !. Also the chicken soaks up all the spices and tastes yum to the bone unlike other biryani’s that I have had. And you can completely omit the ghee and still have the awesome taste.  So here is the recipe to super delicious and easy chicken biryani in a pressure cooker. 
 
 
 

Chicken Biryani Recipe (Pressure cooker version)



 
 

Notes:

  • As I have said earlier you can totally omit the ghee (although the amount I used is small) and use any other oil that you prefer.
  • Once you hear the first whistle switch of the flame wait for 10 minutes and slowly release the pressure in pressure cook by slightly lifting the weight. Once all the pressure is released open and spread the biryani into a bigger vessel and fluff up gently with a fork  this keeps the rice from caking.
  • For each cup of rice I double the quantity of water. Use the same cup that you use to measure the rice for water too.




4 comments:

  1. On another note, I have nominated you for the Liebster award :).You could collect the award @ http://www.treatnfeast.com/2014/01/maladu-happy-first-birthday-ma-blog-and.html More details about the award are included in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Biryani looks better than restaurant bought version. How beautifully you've cooked and styled it! Loved the warm tone in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried it today yaar. Came out very well. How are you all?

    ReplyDelete


Author

singapore, Singapore
Hello, Welcome to Eleventeen Recipes and counting authored by me, Shibi. This blog is an outlet to share my love for food, cooking and clicking. It includes a collection of traditional recipes from my mom, mother-in-law, sister and friends kitchens, and a few from cook books, other food blogs, and a few of my own experiments. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Thank you.